Top 5 Reasons to Become a McNair Scholar:
1. Conduct Research With a Top UNL Faculty Mentor
As a McNair Scholar, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with UNL faculty to build your research skills and learn how academic research is completed. You’ll learn a great deal, all while working extremely hard to achieve your goals.
2. Become Part of a Close-Knit Academic Community
During the McNair Summer Research Experience you’ll develop lasting relationships with your fellow McNair Scholars as you complete a research project and improve your writing and presentation skills, all while growing together as part of the McNair community.
3. Present Original Research at a National Conference
McNair Scholars not only conduct independent research with top faculty members, they also present their work at the annual UC Berkeley McNair Scholars Symposium.
4. Prepare for Graduate Application Process
As a McNair Scholar, you’ll receive individualized attention and assistance on how to prepare for graduate school.
5. Prepare for the Transition to Graduate School
The McNair program offers seminars to assist students in the transition smoothly from an undergraduate program to graduate school.